Policies and Procedures
- TUITION FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Tuition fees for the school year must be submitted in full at the time of registration with either a full year payment or 4 post-dated/pre-authorized term payments (September 6, November 1, January 16, March 20).
- Alternate methods of payment may be accepted.
- Please inquire in the Admissions Office.
- An annual non-refundable Administrative Fee of twenty-five dollars ($25.00 + HST) per student is payable upon registration.
- A separate payment must be submitted and dated at registration.
- All fees are subject to 13% HST.
- A 5% late charge will be applied to payments overdue by thirty (30) days.
- If a tuition payment is overdue in excess of sixty days, a student will not be allowed to attend classes until the balance is paid in full.
- If your Woodbridge School of Dance (WSD) account is pre-authorized, please notify The Admissions Office in advance of any changes to your credit card number or expiry date.
- Please notify The Admissions Office five (5) days prior to the payment date if a change in method of payment is preferred or required.
- A $25.00 (+HST) Administration Charge will be applied to your account for any pre-authorized credit card transaction declined by the issuing institution, regardless of circumstances, or for any dishonoured cheque returned from your banking institution.
- A 5% Sibling Discount is offered to all siblings belonging to the same immediate family, upon submission of a complete and regular tuition fee payment for the first child.
- If the tuition fees differ, the discount will be applied to the lower amount(s).
- A 5% Full Year Payment Discount is offered to students paying for the full year in advance.
- A discount is offered to all students registering in more than one class per week.
PERFORMANCE COSTUME FEES AND SCHEDULING
- A non-refundable pre-authorized year-end performance costume(s) payment dated November 1st must be submitted at registration, at the Junior or Senior rate.
- After November 1st, performance costume fees are non-refundable.
- A winter performance costume rental fee of $50 + HST will be charged to all Sr. & Adv.
- Ballet students and all levels of ITP & PPP.
- One additional performance costume, payable at the senior rate, will be required for all students enrolled in the Intensive Training and Pre-Professional Programs (if applicable).
- In order for a student’s request for performance rescheduling to be considered, written notice must be submitted to The Admissions Office prior to November 1st.
- However, due to the complexity of performance scheduling, WSD cannot guarantee your request will be accommodated.
SOCIETY OF CLASSICAL BALLET EXAMINATION FEES
- A pre-authorized payment must be submitted upon registration according to the fees set out by The Society of Classical Ballet.
- In order for a student’s request for a specific examination date to be considered, written notice must be submitted to the Admissions Office prior to December 1st.
- We will do our best to accommodate your situation, unfortunately however, there are no guarantees.
CANCELLATIONS & WITHDRAWALS
- Tuition fees are non-refundable.
- Payment will not be processed in the event of a cancellation provided written notice has been submitted to the Admissions Office five (5) business days prior to the cheque processing date.
- No refund will be given for the unused portion of a partially completed term.
- In the event of a cancellation in the Fall Term, a tuition credit may be issued if cancellation occurs prior to November 15th.
- No credit will be issued after November 15th.
- A $25.00 (+HST) Administration Charge will be applied in the event of a cancellation.
- Written notice must be submitted to the Admissions Office in the event of a withdrawal.
- NON-ATTENDANCE IS NOT ACCEPTED AS A CANCELLATION NOTICE FROM ANY CLASS OR PROGRAM.
- REFUNDS OR CREDITS WILL NOT BE ISSUED FOR MISSED CLASSES.
- Payment must accompany registration to confirm class placement.
- Students who are not fully registered (outstanding accounts) and not appearing on the attendance list will not be permitted to participate in class.
- Registration is based on a first come, first served basis.
- Registrations cannot be accepted for classes that have reached capacity.
- Late registrations are accepted only at the discretion of the teaching faculty.
- WSD reserves the right to combine or cancel classes in the event of low attendance.
- Class schedules are subject to change.
- Classes missed due to illness may be made up in a comparable class within the current term.
- In the event of inclement weather, it is the responsibility of the parent/student to check our social media posts, WSD’s website or to contact the school directly, weekdays after 2:00pm, 8:30am on weekends, on the day in question to determine the status of classes for that day.
- In the event of cancellation due to inclement weather conditions, classes missed will not be made up.
- All students wishing to participate in a trial class must first register through The Admissions Office prior to the start of the class.
- Students must subsequently register in order to continue attending that particular class (providing the class is not full or upon discretion of the teacher).
- All students currently registered in a class and wishing to change classes must first check with The Admissions Office before participating in the new class.
- Students may not be able to switch classes if the class is full or upon discretion of the teacher.
UNIFORM DRESS CODE
- All dance students are required to wear The Woodbridge School of Dance uniform to all classes.
- Students registered for SCB Examinations are required to wear the designated WSD tank leotard to all classes, rehearsals and examinations as well as leather ballet slippers for the examination.
- Students are to have their hair up in a secure bun (with a WSD headband, if appropriate) for all ballet classes, and up off their face and neck for all other dance classes.
- A teacher may deny a student’s entry into class if the student is not properly dressed in WSD uniform or their hair is not properly secured.
- Uniforms may be purchased on the premises at The Boutique.
GENERAL WSD GUIDELINES & EXPECTATIONS
- WSD respects the safety of all its students, therefore all nuts and nut-related products are strictly prohibited on WSD premises and at all functions where WSD students are in attendance, e.g. Dress and Technical Rehearsals and Performances.
- All students are asked to arrive to their class 5-10 minutes prior to their specified class time, in proper uniform and prepared for class.
- For the purpose of injury prevention and out of respect for your fellow dancers and teacher, students who arrive late may be asked to observe class only.
- Please do not bring valuables to the School.
- Regretfully, WSD cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items or for items left on our premises.
- Please inform the office of a change of home or email address, phone /cell number or a change of emergency contact information.
- It is imperative that all WSD students and parents respect WSD’s Code of Conduct.
- WSD reserves the right to expel any parent or student for disruptive, disrespectful or illegal behavior.
- Students who are expelled from classes are not eligible for tuition or costume credit or refund.